Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fresh Produce Availability Chart

My husband took a cooking class, it's a great hobby of his. One thing that we've learn is that buying produce in season is not only healthiest, but the most affordable. Focusing on buying locally grown food also helps to support local farms. Organic products are often locally grown by small farmers and you can meet them at farmer's markets. Oddly enough, the major supermarkets in Fresno don't carry local milk, but CVS does. I'm not sure about the other drugstores. So I wanted to help out by listing the produce in season for fall, and when farmers markets take place in Fresno. Please let me know if I miss any. Thanks! The California Certified Farmers' Market site has days and times for local markets just click on Find a Market.

No comments: