Tuesday, February 6, 2018

The Greatest Showman


"A human soul, ‘that God has created and Christ died for,’ is not to be trifled with. It may tenant the body of a Chinaman, a Turk, an Arab or a Hottentot – it is still an immortal spirit."  -P.T. Barnum


The Greatest Showman is the kind of movie that no matter how many times you watch it, it will not grow old. It was more serious than I anticipated, but decidedly not Les Mis but doesn't drag on the way Singing in the Rain does (the girls of all seasons everyone?). I look forward to cleaning and singing around the house to a new soundtrack. I must say this is the first musical that I was disappointed there were not more songs. Efron and Jackman are an excellent combo in tails and top hats and quite the birthday gift for my sister. The dancers- amazing. The singing- I did get chills.

I am grateful for the message of inclusion and the undefeatable human spirit (but don't expect too much from the film-remember not Les Mis). Forget the fact that if you spend any time even on the wiki most of the story is very very loosely based on life amongst other issues, but are we all being subject to a hoax? Did we not smile?

Well done, well done my friends.

Not sure what a Hottentot is. 

Goodnight all. 


No comments: