Friday, August 2, 2013

J&K Farley Farms Kingsburg U-Pick

If you haven't taken your kids to a U-Pick it's fun to see how their eyes light up and how helpful they suddenly become. I was able to attend the Two Sister's Apricot U-Pick in Easton and I took my four year old and all my other kids were jealous. She was proud of the help she gave, and I was happy to see it. It's always nice to show people where are food comes from.

The Two Sister's U-Pick is closed until next summer, but J&K Farley Farms seems worth the trip to Kingsburg!

"We are open with u-pick peaches, tomatoes, eggplant, and Red Flame grapes. We are currently only open for our Facebook followers. We do not have any signs up at this point. We will remain open every day from 7am-7pm from now until mid September."

To follow J&K Farley Farms on Facebook like their page HERE

512 North 7th Avenue, Kingsburg, California 93631


 The best part is this amazing ripe fruit and vegetables is 65 cents a pound!
If you can (jar food), or know anyone who does, I don't think you can find a better deal in California. Opening jars of homemade peaches in winter is fairly amazing. I made some apricot jam that I'm still loving, loving, loving.

If you can't make it to Kingsburg, the Fresno State Organic Student Farm is open every second and fourth Saturday a month. As always bring cash to U-picks.

Fresno State Organic Student Farm U-Pick April-November Every 2nd and 4th Saturday

No comments: