Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Design for Shabby Apple

Shabby Apple a modest and feminine women's clothing company is having a Dare to Design contest the includes blouses, skirts, and dress designs that anyone can enter! So in the spirit of fun, I designed a dress that is inspired by 1940's-1950's American fashions. The dress was also inspired by a pair of black satin heels I own. I have chosen a form fitting style that is not meant to fit too tight and could be made out of stiffer fabrics that would fall with clean lines like suit material. To make it more formal a taffeta or satin fabric could be used. The design is very flexible. I would use silk buttons in any design. The slit in the back is meant to flow like a train but would be level with the ruffles.
I used a red marker instead of a black like I wanted to, to ensure the viewer an ability to see the ruffles and buttons clearly. Any strong bold color, especially black, would be prefect for this dress: a nautical blue, grass green, bright yellow, just use your imagination! (My drawing requires some imagination.) I think you also could use one color for the dress and another for the ruffles like baby blue for the dress and lime green for the ruffles or a nautical blue with red and white polka dot ruffles. Prints would work as long as they had very small designs. I'm thinking polka dots or tiny paisley, I love paisleys. Check out Shabby Apple Dresses online to see their beautiful clothing! You have until tomorrow August 10th at 11:59pm to enter. Click HERE for details.

 

No comments: