Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Groupon.com

So, I'm sure you've seen the ad for Groupon on nearly every couponing/frugal living blog you've encountered. I was a little suspicious to tell you the truth, but since the majority of the deals are from local companies, I decided to give it a try and it worked! We bought three tickets to The Island Waterpark at half price ($13). They did have an expiration date, but it was at the end of the season (September) and all I had to do is print it out and bring the coupon to the company just like any other coupon. So I just wanted to inject some confidence into those of you that are wary when the deals seem too good to be true. If you aren't familiar with Groupon you create an account and the email you daily deals that last 24 hours. These deep discounts are available because they work as "group" sales and create customer acquisition for businesses. When you see an offer you want, you sign into your account and make your purchase within the 24 hours and if enough people join, you're set! They currently offer referral rewards, $10 credit a friend, if you like what you see, you can use my referral HERE

No comments: